Our city centre client has an immediate opening for a Level 1 Service Desk Agent covering desktop, telephony, networking and Business applications. Operating in an ITIL environment the position reports into the IT Service Desk Manager. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for IT Support for corporate users. The Service Desk Agents will have a strong solutions background in both technical support and technical administration with excellent customer service / customer facing skills, the positions report into the IT Service Desk Manager in a support environment that operates an on‐call / weekend work for after‐hours support on a rotating schedule, generally operating one week in 4.
The successful candidate will have the majority of the following skills
• 2 -3 years’ experience in a computer related support or and IT operational environment; ideally with experience of operating in an ITIL environment. ITIL certification would be a distinct advantage
• A recognised third level qualification in a computer science or a related discipline
• Industry Standard certification in PC, Network and Server support (Comptia A+, Server +, Network +, MCP/MCSA/MCSE)
• Good experience supporting Active Directory, Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office 2010 and 2016 office productivity suites by email, over the phone and deskside support
• Excellent customer service/customer facing skills, strong problem resolution and follow up skill as well as excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• The ability to quickly learn and subsequently maintain knowledge of operating systems and application software in use
Our customer is looking to engage a client facing IT Support Resource with a positive attitude, who has excellent Communications, IT Customer Service and collaboration skills. The Successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with users at all levels of the organisation and with different levels of technical understanding for advanced to limited
This is a 12 month, day rate contract position, Candidates must be available for face to face technical assessment and interviews on site in Dublin on 24 hours notice. Phone / Skype / Remote interviews are not possible. For a copy of the full specification and a conversation in confidence please contact Turlach by email today.
Please note that this is a contract position and as such you must already have a Work Permit / Authorisation. Sponsorship for a work permit to fulfil the role is not possible.